Tuesday, May 21, 2013

17


Imagine I am going to start work on 7 June
17 days to go

The people I met

A Hong Kong man we met in a photocopy store asked, you speak Chinese? When I said yes, he started speaking Cantonese to me. Then I understood he is from Hong Kong, very long ago, long enough for him to consider himself local.

A lady from the Texas, U.S. flew across the ocean, and landed in Dubbo 11 months ago and was doing archeological field work here for 7 months before traveling around Australia for 4 months before meeting us in her 2nd last morning in Australia.

We were joining our first birthday party in Dubbo that morning we met her, by a dam, 40 min from home. Bron has such a different name. She has a different character as well that she chose to have her birthday celebrate outdoor by a dam, camping under the starry sky.

Back to the hong kong man, we bumped again into him at the exit of our local supermarket. He asked, found a job? When our answers were no, he said, why not worked at company fghijk? Jobs in Australia has no class, he added. So do we agree. Yet, we were not what he thought we were. We had our own timeline and plan and will and so on and so forth.

Glad that our parents are not assuming anything and have been very warm to us. My dad said, enjoys these days. His mummy said, I was worried you two will be bored and lonely, nah, you had neighbor visiting you, I will call again next time

:)

We are lucky that we had a choice to make. We are lucky that we met whom we met. We are lucky to have whom we have. We are lucky to be here together, exploring, trying, failing, being quiet, awkward, helpless, hopeful, hungry and full together.

No comments: