Question asked: what brought you to Dubbo?
To some, i said, because Dubbo gave husband higher marks for the migration score system.
Question asked: isnt Malaysia a good place? Why did you choose to leave?
To some, i said, I left Malaysia when I was 19. Because my government didnt recognise my A-level (year 12 in Australia) equivalent qualification yet the rest of the world does, so i left to study overseas. Furthermore, Singapore sponsored part of my tuition fee.
The part i didnt say, i knew i eventually have to leave when i was 12 YO, when i made the decision to study in independent chinese education system instead of the hall-of-fame-academically-strong-boarding-girl-school. Looking back, I think this is sad for a Malaysian Chinese girl to think that she IS NOT recognised by her own country. (which may be linked to why I think civil rights of gay marriage is important, you just want to feel recognised by the place you were born and raised)
Beautiful scene observed at the restaurant i worked: grandparents + parents + toddlers/babies eating tgt
It is usually a table for 4 to 6/7 people. The harmonious moment where the adults chatting while the kid climbing on them, or sleeping in their arms, is just a gentle reminder that my parents wont enjoy these kind of moments much if i were to stay in Australia.
Being together with family somehow is something more important in the hearts and minds of Australians than i thought. I had the impression that westerners are individuals independent from their parents and being together or not is no big deal. Yet, it could be that all humans are the same. Family ties and presence, regardless of culture, always treasured by some and mean not as much to the others. So, here is an old perception of mine that should be cleared and removed.
Today I admitted strategy of looking for job is not good enough. More works to be done till I find a job that makes me feel i am living what i love.
To some, i said, because Dubbo gave husband higher marks for the migration score system.
Question asked: isnt Malaysia a good place? Why did you choose to leave?
To some, i said, I left Malaysia when I was 19. Because my government didnt recognise my A-level (year 12 in Australia) equivalent qualification yet the rest of the world does, so i left to study overseas. Furthermore, Singapore sponsored part of my tuition fee.
The part i didnt say, i knew i eventually have to leave when i was 12 YO, when i made the decision to study in independent chinese education system instead of the hall-of-fame-academically-strong-boarding-girl-school. Looking back, I think this is sad for a Malaysian Chinese girl to think that she IS NOT recognised by her own country. (which may be linked to why I think civil rights of gay marriage is important, you just want to feel recognised by the place you were born and raised)
Beautiful scene observed at the restaurant i worked: grandparents + parents + toddlers/babies eating tgt
It is usually a table for 4 to 6/7 people. The harmonious moment where the adults chatting while the kid climbing on them, or sleeping in their arms, is just a gentle reminder that my parents wont enjoy these kind of moments much if i were to stay in Australia.
Being together with family somehow is something more important in the hearts and minds of Australians than i thought. I had the impression that westerners are individuals independent from their parents and being together or not is no big deal. Yet, it could be that all humans are the same. Family ties and presence, regardless of culture, always treasured by some and mean not as much to the others. So, here is an old perception of mine that should be cleared and removed.
Today I admitted strategy of looking for job is not good enough. More works to be done till I find a job that makes me feel i am living what i love.
No comments:
Post a Comment