Friday, September 13, 2013

A letter to you

To dear you,

This is a letter to you. But I am not courageous enough to send it to you, coz I scare that you will dislike me a little if I did.
I have not been telling people what you should do and what you shouldn't do for the longest time in my life. At least that's how I see it. And I don't want to tell you what you should or should not do. Coz I treat you as a mature adult. I believe you are the one and only in the world, who can make decision for yourself for your best interest with your best ability based on the best understanding of your own situation. No one else, but you.
So let me tell you what I didn't do.
Each of us spend some time as a financially poor student because we are not son or daughter of a millionaire. We know how our dad has not spent anything on himself other than a few cans of beer occasionally (and I think he drinks less now to stay in green zone of his blood sugar level control). How our mum be very economically efficient with all her purchases for the family.
And here's what I do, here, in Aus. I liked a bag which sells at $39.99 months ago. I told husband, "when it's 50% off, I will buy it". I saw it on 50% off today, I didn't buy it. My last purchase of a bag, 2 years ago, when I started my new job back then, and don't have a right-looking bag for my OL dress code job.
My Nokia which has served me since 2009. It doesn't work as a functional phone for me anymore coz with its 3G on, it dies within few hours. An LG L3 which costs me just $69, I can't bear to buy it. I couldn't answer if I need a smart phone or I like to have a smart phone. Or why not $20 bag to pamper myself but spend $50 extra for sth else.
Not even a 2 for $10 travel mug for coffee. Though I really love to bring my homemade coffee out.
I probably treat myself too badly.
We all have different phases of life. We all need to learn through spending money the not-so-well-way. And I hope you learn it too, someday.
I love you too much to not say anything. At the same time, I respect you too much to tell you what you should or should not do.
Do your best, always. Just like everyone else in our family. We are great kids, the older we are, the better we are. We can't help it. We are great in gene.
I love you. Stay happy. Stay positive. Keep growing, dear.

Sis
0:03 14 Sept

No comments: